Favour Low-Cost Healthcare (FALCOH) foundation is a non-governmental, apolitical and not-for-profit organization which works to provide essential, people and context-centred and sustainable healthcare services to underprivileged groups in African communities.
Our mission is to improve the health conditions of African populations by mitigating the barriers to healthcare, empowering health personnel, patients and communities with the conviction that health is a fundamental human right that should be enjoyed by all.
To inspire hope, improve access and enhance quality in healthcare for African communities, especially the disadvantaged.
FALCOH foundation has five core values which underlie the functioning of the organisation.
- Transparency: We shall be transparent in our operations (recruitment, budget management and personnel management), to our stakeholders/partners and to the communities we serve.
- Diversity: Our organisation shall be open to all citizens of the world and shall offer services to all persons and communities without discrimination or preference for a particular age, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture, religion or language.
- Quality & equity: We shall provide health care that is safe, effective and people-centred, and with compassion to all who need it according to their preferences and financial means. FALCOH will leave no one behind in the delivery of health services in African communities.
- Accountability: We shall be accountable to each other, to our partners and supporters and to the communities which we serve. FALCOH team shall be technically, morally, financially and socially accountable.
- Passion: This is what drive us in our work. Passion to reduce social injustice and mitigate the social determinants to disease in African communities. We are passionate to deliver quality healthcare services to communities in a timely manner.
- Provide affordable general and surgical health care services in African communities;
- Promote healthy living and well-being via communication for behavioural change;
- Prevent diseases by providing screening for, and encouraging immunisation against vaccine-preventable diseases like viral hepatitis B;
- Ensure optimal access to neonatal, child, adolescent and maternal healthcare services;
- Reduce the frequency of hospital consultations and/or duration of hospital stay by providing ambulatory care in fixed-temporal community health centres;
- Pioneer and promote home-based healthcare in communities especially for chronic ailments;
- Sensitise the population on how to prevent or survive with chronic infectious (HIV, Hepatitis B) and non-infectious diseases (Hypertension, Diabetes, cancers);
- Enhance the capacity of health workers to deliver compassionate care;
- Nurse the elderly, homeless/neglected ageing persons in suitable and adapted environments (Geriatric homes);
- Empower the less privileged and stigmatized groups in the communities (such as orphans, rape victims, wounded and displaced persons etc) via education, material support and by promoting vocational training;
Theory of Change
Favour Low-cost Health Care Foundation - Falcoh
Health is a fundamental human right and should be enjoy by all.